[A] Functional heart murmur
[B] Murmur in Rheumatoid arthritis
[C] Flow murmur in Tetralogy of Fallot
[D] Machinery murmur of Patent ductus arteriosus
- Still’s murmur
- Common type of benign or “innocent” functional heart murmur
- Not associated with any sort of cardiac disorder or any other medical condition.
- It can occur at any age
- Most common among children two to seven years of age
- Crescendo-decrescendo medium-to-long ejection systolic murmur,
- Heard loudest at the left lower sternal border and apex, and best heard with bell of stethoscope.
- Murmur increases in intensity with high output states -fever, anxiety, and exercise