Lambda (λ) sign
What is lambda sign?
- Lambda sign refers to the triangular projection of chorion between the layers of inter-twin membranes which resembles the Greek alphabet “lambda”.
What is suggested by Lambda (λ) sign in USG?
- Lambda (λ) sign in USG – Strongly suggests a dichorionic twin pregnancy.
Lambda (λ) sign in USG is best seen in which Trimester?
- Best seen in the first trimester – between 10-14 weeks
What is the othername for Lambda (λ) sign in USG?
- Twin peak sign is other name for lambda (λ) sign
- Lambda (λ) sign is a useful indicator of dichorionicity
ResearchGate. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Ultrasound-image-of-lambda-sign-in-first-trimester_fig1_271632101 [accessed 12 Jan, 2023]
Source : https://media.springernature.com/full/springer-static/image/art%3A10.1007%2Fs00261-017-1356-4/MediaObjects/261_2017_1356_Fig2_HTML.jpg?as=webp
Transabdominal pelvic ultrasound image obtained at 16 weeks of gestation shows both foeti labeled A and B. The limbs of the lambda sign are highlighted with arrows. The ‘peak’ is labeled with an asterisk
|USG First Trimester||Indicates|
|2||Lambda (λ) sign||Dichorionicity|